Countdown to IronMan

Countdown to IronMan

Friday, May 18, 2012

IRONMAN LOUISVILLE UPDATE


UNDER 100 DAYS AND COUNTING!

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has offered support during my training.  Today I officially broke 100 days until Ironman Louisville!  Hard to believe how fast time flies. 
I admit this season of training has been especially difficult trying to manage with kid's soccer, baseball coaching, work, our charity golf event and everything else life throws at you.  

Even with all these activities competing for my time I have been able to successfully keep my hours / miles on track.   But it hasn't been easy... I start almost all of my days before 4am for either a swim, bike or ride! I am usually eating my lunch at 9am. 


Current training tally since January looks something like this: 


I have swam over 60 miles
I have biked over 1350 miles
I have ran over 400 miles

I have trained over 1800 miles!

Or to put things in perspective...that is the distance from my house to Louisville and back twice!  Just typing that makes me tired and the hard part is yet to come as my training increases up until the August 26th event!    


But the most important part is we have raised over $3000 for the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center for Pancreatic Cancer Research.  I am still wearing the Sparty jersey in Louisville but we are getting very close to our goal of $5000.   I am starting to get nervous. 

Thank you all very much for your continued support to help us meet our 2012 goals!   SPARTY ON!


GO GREEN! and GO BLUE! too

To donate in honor of my father in law RALPH RICHARD please click on the following link:



No comments:

Post a Comment