Countdown to IronMan

Countdown to IronMan

Friday, March 23, 2012

Time To Start Training!

Boy oh boy, looking back I think I may have embraced the offseason too much.  My bike outfits just don’t seem to fit the same this year!  I told my wife not to dry them all the way.
Irondad: Before Picture

Anyways, slowly but surely I am working myself back into shape.   Hard to believe that IM Louisville is only 5 months away!   Training seems harder to work into my schedule this year….both kids are in travel soccer and I decided to coach Brandon’s Pee Wee baseball team.  But I am confident I can make it work this year.

Not enough hours in the day; so most Irondad workouts need to occur between 4-7am.   During a typical training week I will log between 80 – 100 miles and looks something like this:

Monday                     Swim Workout (1-2 miles)
Tuesday                    Bike Workout (20-30 miles)
Wednesday               Off day
Thursday                   Run Workout  (6-9 miles) 
Friday                        Swim Workout (1-2 miles)
Saturday                    Bike Workout (45-60 miles)
Sunday                      Run Workout  (10-12 miles)

As the race gets closer these distances will increase too!

Please show your support for the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center Pancreatic Cancer Research Program; a program that is extremely important to my entire family.   

As a national leader in patient care, cancer research and education, the U of M Comprehensive Cancer Center is committed to the conquest of cancer through innovation and collaboration.  With your help we can truly make a difference in people's lives.

During my training season I will continue to provide you updates as I attempt to balance work, family and pursuit of Ironman.

GO GREEN! and GO BLUE! too

To donate in honor of my father in law RALPH RICHARD please click on the following link:

No comments:

Post a Comment