Countdown to IronMan

Countdown to IronMan

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Common Man 2.0


COMING SOON
TO A COMMON MAN NEAR YOU


Uh oh; what did I do???  Time to get off the couch, shave them legs and start training.   It is finally official, I will be competing in the 2012 Ironman Louisville event to support the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center (UMCCC). See details below.
What is an Ironman?
 For those that don’t know, an Ironman consists of a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike race and a 26.2 mile marathon all rolled into one. In one day, no break!  140.6 miles in total in under 17 hours! 
My Challenge & My Commitment
For those who know me, I am a 100% true green Sparty!  So after long and difficult thought...I have made the following decision to make the ultimate Spartan sacrifice in support of the Pancreatic Cancer Research Program at the University of Michigan Cancer Center. 

For all the U of M Alumni and fans of the Wolverines I’ll make this commitment to you…If I exceed my fundraising goal of $5000, I will squeeze my athletic yet still plump body into a University of Michigan race jersey for the IM Louisville event.  I can't believe I just typed that but it is true!


So what will it be?
Please show your support for the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center Pancreatic Cancer Research Program; a program that is very important to my entire family.
As a national leader in patient care, cancer research and education, the U of M Comprehensive Cancer Center is committed to the conquest of cancer through innovation and collaboration.  With your help we can truly make a difference in people's lives.


During my training season I will continue to provide you updates as I attempt to balance work, family and pursuit of Ironman.

GO GREEN! and GO BLUE! too

To donate:










No comments:

Post a Comment