Countdown to IronMan

Countdown to IronMan

Friday, April 22, 2011

Time to wake up! Typical training week...


For the last two months I have been working on building my endurance base.  Hardest part has been trying to build in my training plans into my already busy schedule with work, Paige and B’s soccer games and coaching B’s baseball team.  

It is not uncommon for most of my nights to be consumed with kid’s sporting events or conference calls leaving early mornings as the only time to train. 

That means my alarm clock is set for 4:00am every day and I am getting pretty used to riding my bike in the dark.   During a typical training week I will log well over 100 miles and looks something like this:

Monday             Swim Workout (1-2 miles)
Tuesday            Open Rest or Run
Wednesday        Bike Workout  (30-40 miles)
Thursday           Run Workout  (6-9 miles)   / Swim  (1-2 miles)
Friday               Track Workout (Speed Drills)
Saturday            Bike Workout (45-60 miles)
Sunday              Run Workout  (12-16 miles)


As I get closer to the races these distances will increase.   I am signing up for my races soon so please check back!  All donations will go to the for Hirshberg Foundation For Pancreatic Cancer Research.
To donate please visit my fundraising site:
Thank you in advance for your generosity for this worthy cause that is so important to me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment