Countdown to IronMan

Countdown to IronMan

Thursday, March 17, 2011

RACING FOR A PURPOSE...


There are no early-detection methods and limited treatment options for Pancreatic Cancer patients. The National Cancer institute dedicates just 2 percent if its' $5 billion annual budget to Pancreatic Cancer Research, according to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.

I am hoping to raise money and awareness for this cause by racing in my first ever Ironman Triathlon.

What is a an Ironman Triathlon?

  • 2.4 mile swim +
  • 112 mile bike +
  • 26.2 mile run =
  • 140.6 total miles
  • oh yeah, and you must finish in under 17 hours!

Ummm....sounds pretty easy?   Getting prepared mentally and physically will require a lot to balance over the next 6 months for me and my family.  I will continue to provide updates on my training progress, race details, etc. from this blog site.   So please check back often.

All donations will go to the for Hirshberg Foundation For Pancreatic Cancer Research.

To donate please visit my fundraising site:

There are 86,400 seconds in the day. It is up to you to decide what to do with them. -- Jim Valvano

No comments:

Post a Comment